External Agencies and Partnerships
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families, particularly when a child is demonstrating further cause for concern or their learning need is more complex and persistent. The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
Bishop Barrington School has a longstanding reputation for being proactive in the way we work with partnership agencies. This means that our pupils receive the highest level of support in all aspects of their additional needs. Some of these partners are listed below:
- SEND Team Durham County Council
- Educational Psychologists.
- Education Welfare Service
- ASD Team
- Young Carers
- Parent Partnership
- Educational Social Workers.
- Social Care Direct
- LACES team (for Children who are Looked After)
- The Service for the Hearing Impaired.
- The Service for the Visually Impaired.
- The Health Authority, in particular the school nurse.
- The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMH’s).
- One Point
- Industry and further/ higher education links.
- Youth workers
Click HERE for our ‘Young Carers’ policy