County Durham School Benevolent Fund Application
Apply for a grant for a winter coat and school shoes.
A grant of up to £35.00 can be awarded towards a winter coat and up to £35.00 for a pair of shoes for families who are eligible. A full list detailing who is eligible can be found on the application form below.
You can apply for the grant if your child attends any school within County Durham.
To be eligible to apply, families must be in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
You can apply for a grant or request further information during term time only, the scheme is not staffed during the school holidays.”