Primary to Secondary School Transition and In-term transition
We recognise that transitions can be difficult for a child with SEND and take steps to ensure that any transition is as smooth as possible.
How we will support children with SEND when they are moving on to another class or leaving this school:
At Bishop Barrington School we know how important a successful transition is to our pupils with Additional Needs. We have an extensive transition package which may include:
- Extra, early visits to our school for those who we feel will benefit from an enhanced transition.
- Several visits our feeder schools to get to know the pupils in their current setting and for key staff to share information.
- SENCO/ LSU Co-ordinator will attend the Annual Reviews and any other key meetings during year 6 to meet the current class teacher, parents and most importantly the pupil.
- Informal meetings with parents/carers as needed to resolve any concerns or queries and to get to know each other.
- Access to our annual ‘Summer School’ Programme.
For pupils transferring to KS5, the following support is available:
- Early planning meetings to identify suitable placement
- Early visits to KS5 placements
- Support for interviews and applications
- Shared SEND information with destination
- One Point referrals/ support via ‘Early Help Assessment’
Click HERE for our 'Transition' policy
Click HERE for our 'In Term Transition’ policy
Click HERE for our ‘Caring for your Child’ publication