In music, students cover a wide range of topics and have the opportunity to use a selection of musical instruments and faciltiies. In Key Stage 3, the following topics are covered:
- The Elements of Music - Understanding the 8 Elements of music and being able to use them in performances and compositions..
- Latin Beat - Performing and composing music from South America.
- Pop Music - Learn about what it takes to make a great song, and how to compose and perform them.
- The Music of Africa -Performing, composing and listening to music using African Djembe drums, vocals and keyboards.
- Reggae - How to sing, perform, compose and listen to music in the Reggae style.
- Fast fingers - Improving your keyboard skills through solo and ensemble performance. Listening to famous piano players across many different styles and genres.
- Creative Arts - 'Hip Hop' - Composing, performing and listening to hip hop music.
- Monday - Keyboard Club
- Tuesday - Fastraxx Music Club
- Wednesday - Pop Choir
- Thursday - DJ Club